Access arrangements are adjustments which allow candidates/learners to undertake examinations if the person has specific learning difficulties or disabilities. Different examination boards have jointly agreed a process to establish a person’s requirements and allow access arrangements.
EGS has qualified staff who undertake access arrangements. This is normally arranged through school/college rather than through individual referrals.
- Do you struggle to finish exams on time?
- Do you have difficulties handwriting or converting your ideas into the written form?
- Do you have trouble understanding written questions?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above questions then you may qualify for Access Arrangements. You should contact the SENCo at your school to notify them of any difficulties and enquire about an assessment.
Our assessments cost £80 plus VAT per learner but discounts may apply for multiple bookings.
The assessment will be conducted face to face and take approximately 45-60 minutes and will likely include;
- Single word spelling
- Single word reading
- Writing speed and legibility
- Processing speed
- Reading speeding and comprehension