The Legal Profession
The principal psychologists at EGS have many years’ experience of working with the legal profession, both with the supply of assessment reports and as expert witnesses in court proceedings.
Our psychologists have chartered status and are members of the Health and Care Professions Council.
We offer a full range of psychological assessments and reports with children, young people and adults including:-
- Levels of cognitive functioning
- Fitness to plead and ability to understand court proceedings
- Suggestability and vulnerability
- Mental capacity and IQ
- Assessment and diagnosis of specific learning difficulties (SpLD) including dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia and dysgraphia
- Assessment of children with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Assessment of social, emotional and personal needs of children, ensuring advocacy for their needs and requirements
- Assessments with looked after children
- Assessment of individuals involved in accidents and trauma
- Assessment of children to meet statutory requirements
- Assessment of difficulties with memory, concentration and attention
We are happy to discuss individual case requirements concerning legal proceedings whether acting for the the prosecution or defence, tribunal cases or any other disputes.